The FSA Awards will be presented at Ifsec’s Security & Fire Excellence Awards in NovemSix organisations in the fire and security industry have confirmed their support for this year’s Fire & Security Association (FSA) Awards, which are open for nominations until 21 September.
The industry bodies backing the awards are as follows:
· Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA)
· Select – The Scottish electrical trade body
· National Security Inspectorate (NSI);
· Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board (SSAIB);
· The Fire Protection Association (FPA); and
· British Approvals for Fire Equipment (BAFE)
Following a partnership deal, the two FSA Awards will be presented for the first time at this year’s industry-leading Ifsec ‘Security and Fire Excellence Awards’, being held on 23 November in London.
Representatives from the FSA, Select, NSI and SSAIB will be among the judges assessing the nominations for the two individual FSA Awards, which are as follows:
• The Peter Greenwood Security Award – recognises individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to the security systems industry. Last year’s winner was Simon Banks of CSL Dualcom.
• The Ian Marsh Fire Award – recognises individuals who demonstrate enthusiasm and selfless concern for the fire and emergency systems industry. Last year’s winner was Geoff Teader of Amalgamated Ltd (pictured: – Teader in the centre, alongside FSA Chairman Pat Allen on the left, and comedian Ed Byrne on the right).
• The winners of both FSA Awards (plus one guest each) will be given free places on the FSA’s table at the Security and Fire Excellence Awards, which is being hosted by top comedian Jimmy Carr.
• The deadline for FSA Award nominations is Wednesday 21 September at midday. For more details, or to nominate an individual for either award, please visit www.eca.co.uk/fsa-awards.