7 April 2016 | Herpreet Kaur Grewal
NHS Property Services has announced the appointment of the following companies to carry out some of its ‘soft FM’ contracts across England as a part of the second phase of its national procurement exercise to streamline its FM works.
The successful bidders for soft FM contracts are:
- Cleaning services – Ideal Cleaning Services Ltd and OCS Ltd
- Feminine hygiene – PHS Group PLC
- Grounds and gardens – Burleys Ltd and Mitie
- Pest control – Mitie Pest Management Services Limited and Vermtech Pest Control Limited
- Security – Mitie Security Services Limited
- Window cleaning – Walkers CS Ltd and Cinderella Support Services
This will not only save approximately 20 per cent on the £200 million contracts that are currently outsourced, but will ensure consistency in quality of facilities management services across the country and put an end to the historic wide disparity in costs charged to occupiers of the company’s properties.
A final phase of awards for ‘specialist services’ will include catering, car parking, waste, asbestos surveys, hot and cold water surveys, and medical gases. These contracts will be awarded in April.
The appointment follows a nine-month rationalisation process of facilities management services across the entire NHS Property Services estate.
Mitie was appointed to contract last month, which sees the business supplying hard FM services across the NHS property estate.