At some point, almost all surfaces will need to be deep cleaned, especially if they outside accumulating dirt and grime every day. Two of the best options for deep cleaning are sandblasting and the DOFF cleaning system – but which one is right for you. Here we will take a look at the benefits of each form of cleaning to give you an idea of which would be most beneficial to you.
The benefits of DOFF cleaning
The DOFF system uses steam cleaning technology. Water is heated to a temperature of up 150°C and the steam can be directed at a surface using the adjustable nozzle. The system is perfect for a wide range of deep cleaning needs, making it perfect whether you require some home maintenance or on your industrial premises. Some of the benefits of the DOFF cleaning system include:
- Non-abrasive – unlike many deep-cleaning methods, the DOFF cleaning system is non-abrasive, using only steam and water to clean. This means that the surfaces that you are interested in cleaning, such as brickwork or concrete, won’t be damaged, if the cleaning system is used correctly. Additionally, the DOFF system does not use any chemicals during the cleaning process, meaning that it can be used on softer materials or historic properties without fearing that the cleaning itself will cause damage.
- Use on a huge range of surfaces – one of the major advantages of working with the DOFF cleaning system is that it can be used on such a huge variety of surfaces. This ranges from stone, brick and concrete to softer materials such as wood, terracotta and faience. Best of all is that it can clean these more delicate materials without damage. And in spite of the fact that it can be gentle on such surfaces, it also boasts industrial cleaning power that is effective as many of its rivals.
“The steam or super-heated water removes moss, algae, fungi and other biological matter and will also kill off spores. This means there is no need to use a chemical biocide during the removal process or as a protection against any further biological activity.
While the temperature in the system is high, the pressure on the surface being cleaned is very gentle and the volume of water is low. The surface being cleaned does not suffer any damaging pressure, thermal shock or deep saturation and dries within minutes, making it ideal for more delicate materials.” Tony Guess, MC Property Maintenance
- Versatile – as you would imagine, DOFF cleaning can be used outside on all the surfaces mentioned above, however you might be surprised to learn that is have even broader cleaning potential. The steam cleaning makes it ideal for sterilising indoor environments and surfaces, including kitchens, medical facilities, toilets and swimming pools. The DOFF system can be used for cleaning in high pollution and high traffic areas with great success.
The benefits of sandblasting
Sandblasting is a form of deep cleaning that propels an abrasive agent (such as sand, but not always) under high pressure against a surface in order to either clean it, or smooth over a rough surface completely. One of the most powerful forms of wall cleaning systems available, sandblasting can be used at residential properties or in a variety of industrial settings. Some of the benefits of sandblasting include:
- Very quick and easy – sandblasting is extremely quick and easy for two reasons. Firstly, it gives surfaces a powerful and deep clean very fast. It can massively reduce the amount of time that it takes to get challenging cleaning tasks done. Additionally, it is very fast to clean up afterwards as you will need to have protected the surrounding areas against the sand.
- Non-toxic and environmentally friendly – despite the fact that sandblasting is an extremely powerful and intense way of cleaning surfaces, it does not use any toxic or environmentally damaging chemicals. Many cleaning products are extremely caustic and can be danger to work with.
- Prepares surfaces – along with cleaning surfaces extremely well, sandblasting is also useful for surface preparation. If you know that you are going to be carrying out full works on a surface – for example, repainting or decoration – sandblasting gets rid of the contaminants so that you can get to work immediately after the cleaning is done.
Ultimately, DOFF cleaning and sandblasting both offer excellent cleaning, but it is important to know which is the right one for your needs. If you are still in any doubt then it is a good idea to speak to cleaning specialists about the project, what you are trying to achieve and when you need it to be completed. They will be able to provide you with the information you need.