The Considerate Constructors Scheme National Site Awards have confirmed the UK and Ireland’s best performing construction sites. Recognising the the highest-performing construction sites against the Scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice which monitors how considerate the site is being towards their local community, environment and workforce, the Awards took place at iconic venues in Edinburgh, London and Manchester.
The 2019 winners of the ‘Considerate Constructors Scheme, Most Considerate Site 2019’ title are:
- Carlisle Gas Holder Demolition Project – Northern Gas Networks (project value under £500k)
- Columbia Threadneedle Property Investments – Overbury plc (project value £500k to <£1m)
- Camden FRA Works – Mulalley (project value £1m to <£5m)
- University Centre, Rotherham – Willmott Dixon Construction (project value £5m to <£10m)
- Woodmansterne Secondary School – Willmott Dixon Construction (project value £10m to <£50m)
- One Blackfriars – St George City Ltd (project value £50m and over)
In addition to the six Most Considerate Site Award winners, there were 336 Bronze, 252 Silver and 152 Gold, as well as 18 Most Considerate Site Runners-Up.
“Congratulations to all the 2019 National Site Award winners. Each award winning site should be extremely proud of receiving this prestigious industry accolade, which recognises their invaluable contribution to improving the image of construction,” commented Considerate Constructors Scheme Chief Executive Edward Hardy.
“Special congratulations must go to the highest performing construction sites winning the coveted title of ‘Most Considerate Site 2019’, which represent the very best of the construction industry in how they have raised their standards of considerate construction to the highest levels. We work with sites to push the boundaries of what is achievable and this year’s accomplishments by sites have certainly not disappointed, with over 764 sites receiving National Site Award recognition. We are always amazed by the increasing levels of performance on site across the country, and we look forward to performance continuing to increase through next year and beyond,” he continued.
In addition, for the second year running, Ultra Sites, the Scheme’s highest attainment of registration, were also recognised for their outstanding commitment in collaborating with their supply chains, during the awards ceremonies.