There is never a better time to build your own house than right now. It doesn’t matter whether the market is better for sellers or buyers, the timing will always be right to plan a house build. It takes time to work on a design with the right building company, and if you have a dream house in mind you can make it come true with the right amount of planning.
Some people choose to buy a house that’s already been built, but others choose the fun of building their own home. When you build, you can choose it all from the 100mm Insulation Board materials to the fascia that you put on the house on the outside. Below, we’ve got ten reasons you should go ahead and build a house of your own!
- You have more cash than you need. There are some lucky enough to have a surplus of cash that gives them a good reason to build a house of their dreams. If you have a surplus and you want to get rid of it, get some quotes together for a house build that matches the one you’ve been dreaming of.
- You want to stay loyal to your community. If you love the community in which you currently live, what better way to support it than with a new house? Building a new house can help to stimulate the economy and help you to get into a neighbourhood that will support you and be there for your family.
- You love the idea of being “first”. When you enter into a contract to build a house, you have teams of contractors, plumbers, electricians and more working with you to bring your vision to life. All of those people will be creating a home for you in which you are the first ever one to live there. You get to be the very first ones in and the first to use all of the appliances and the first to use the plot to build a home.
- You have no idea what a 100mm Insulation Board is. You aren’t a builder or a tradie and so you have no idea what it takes to build a house. You know it’s more than bricks, but you are way more interested in furnishing the house rather than building it. You don’t have to be knowledgeable about what it takes to build a house, either, not when you can hire an expert to help and do it for you.
- You want to leave your mark. Having a house that has been built especially for you is a way for you to leave your mark on the local community. As the build progresses on, you can watch your home grow up on the plot. You can leave your mark and then pass that to the children (if you have them) and they can pass it to their kids, too.
- You want to have responsibility. Owning your own home gives you responsibility for a mortgage of your own. You are the one in charge and if things go wrong, you don’t have to call anyone to fix it for you. You are the person that the buck stops with and you can ensure that you are confident in the new house you’ve built because it’s brand new!
- You find it hard to make a choice. Trawling around houses is exhausting and boring and you will always find something to pick on! The best thing that you can do here is to build a house that is exact to your specifications. You get to be in charge of the whole thing, and that means that you don’t have to be picky about what someone else once chose. Some choices will be expensive and others won’t be, but the point is that you are in charge of all of those choices and you can feel satisfied about them all.
- You’ve done it before. If you have built a house before, you already know what it is to build and what the processes are. It’s only then that you will know what you’re doing for your next build. The first time you build it’s exciting but doing it again becomes a project. If you have built before, you know the way to build again and you could build on the same or almost the same land. This way, you can end up with a neighbourhood that you’ve built!
- You want to show off a little. There is nothing wrong with showcasing a home that you have designed and built for yourself. It’s absolutely the thing to brag over from time to time.
- You want to live in a big house. Who doesn’t? Building your own home allows you complete control over the size, shape, layout and more and if you want to own the dreamhouse you’ve always had in mind, here it is. You can build it to be bigger and if you buy a plot of land that’s big enough, you can build more on that land, too.
Before you go ahead and build that new house you’ve been dreaming of, make sure that you know the commitment it’s going to take. Building a home takes time and sometimes, you’re going to have to cut down on things in your life to make room for the build to take place. It will take up your spare time and that means from the planning to the dreaming stage, you need to be in charge of it.
Next, you should make sure that you employ an architect and a designer. The right designers will help you to plan your home from the ground up, inside and out. The best architect will draw the designs and the features for you and you get to watch your new build home come to life. Taking the time to interview the right architects and designers will ensure that this house build is the best decisions that you could have made.