Marketing is the key to turning a new development into a successful venture. This is because it will help you capture audiences and convert them into leads. So, your revenue and profits depend on proper marketing and branding. Sales and marketing materials are vital to successful marketing for new development.
What are sales and marketing materials?
Sales and marketing materials are vital in attracting customers to your business and nurturing existing ones to generate more revenue. So, sales and marketing materials refer to all the materials you use to promote your business.
Examples of sales marketing materials are sales aids, sales & compliance training materials, promotional pieces, electronics, and equipment used by sales representatives. Company websites and social media are also sales and marketing materials.
How to make sales and marketing materials
Now that you know the basics of sales and marketing materials, we can move to the steps for making them. Below are some tips:
Keep it simple
When creating sales and marketing materials, always remember to keep it simple. This means that you should use easy to understand language and graphics. Avoid using jargon as much as possible. Use images and infographics to make your points more understandable.
Start with branding
Branding refers to giving meaning to an organization or specific products by shaping them into clients’ minds. The key to branding is making your company or products memorable to clients. You can do this by creating a unique LOGO. Your logo can be a striking image.
For instance, you can source a fantastic image related to your business and edit it with tools like the picture background remover to turn it into a custom LOGO. You can also create your LOGO from scratch using digital tools or hire professional assistance.
Besides the LOGO, your new development’s name is vital in branding. The goal is to ensure clients recognize your products or company every time they see the LOGO or name. So, create a catchy name that will stay in clients’ minds.
Your slogan is also another essential branding tool. A slogan is a short and memorable phrase that represents your company’s mission or values. It should be something that will resonate with clients and make them want to do business with you.
Some of the best slogans are:
“Just Do It”- Nike
“Finger-lickin’ good”- Kentucky Fried Chicken
“The breakfast of champions”- Wheaties
“We try harder”- Avis
Coming up with the materials
The next step is coming up with the materials you want to use for sales and marketing. You can come up with effective sales and marketing materials by:
- Researching the materials that other developments in your sector use
- Stepping into your audience’s shoes so you know what materials they would gravitate towards
- Considering your products and the statement you want to portray. For instance, using paper as a marketing tool for eco-friendly products would be unwise.
Once you have narrowed down the sales and marketing materials you want to create, the next step is producing them. The production procedures and tips may differ depending on the material types. However, it would be wise to try out the following tips:
- Use premium materials to create your sales and marketing tools as clients will often judge your products’ quality from the quality of the marketing materials.
- Avoid creating cluttered marketing materials (ones with too many words and pictures) as they will put off clients from reading the information.
- Have a clear call to action in your marketing materials.
- Take a constant approach to the branding of the sales and marketing materials.
- Try products that stand out/ make them attractive.
- Keep up with the trends, especially regarding electronic and digital technologies like websites and social media.
Marketing your new development
The most crucial part of making sales and marketing materials is promoting your new development. There are numerous ways of marketing your products, but some of the most effective are:
- Develop a website: Websites are an excellent way of marketing your products as they are a platform where you can provide all the information potential clients might want to know about your product. You can also use your website to generate leads by having a “call to action” button that encourages visitors to sign up for your newsletter or contact you for more information.
- Use social media: Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram provide a great way to reach out to potential clients. You can use them to create awareness about your products and drive traffic to your website. You can also use social media to create and share engaging content that will generate leads and convert them into customers.
- Participate in trade shows and exhibitions: Attending trade shows and exhibitions is an excellent way of marketing your products as you get to meet potential clients face to face. You can use this opportunity to promote your products and answer any questions that clients might have. You can also use this platform to generate leads by collecting contact information from interested clients.
You can switch up your new development’s sales and marketing materials depending on how audiences respond to them. For instance, paying attention to reviews would be wise because you will see what materials work and those that do not. Switching them up or upgrading will also help you maintain clients’ interest.